Public Works Menu
Animal Control Contacts
The Animal Control Division performs numerous functions including the capture of animals at large, protection of animals, investigations of animal abuse and neglect, and enforcement of local and state animal laws. The Animal Control Officers are active in special presentations and public relations at schools and civic groups. If you have lost or found a pet, want to report a dangerous animal, animal at large, animal nuisance, animal neglect or want to request a live trap to capture feral animals, please call Republic Animal Control at (417) 732-3190.
Examples of Violations:
- More than four (4) dogs or cats over the age of six (6) months at one residential location.
- Animals not vaccinated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian and not displaying the tag provided by the veterinarian showing a current rabies vaccination.
- Animals at large.
- Frequent howling, barking, baying or yelping by an animal that disturbs the peace of the neighborhood.
- Owner fails to provide adequate care or adequate control which results in substantial harm to the animal.
- Animal abandonment.
- Keeping chickens or other fowl within 80 feet of another residence or business.
This list is not a comprehensive list of all City Codes regarding animals. It is a brief, summarized list of just a few of the most common violations..