The new Republic Animal Control Center, located at 732 Highway 174, opened to the public on Saturday, September 29, 2020. Staff is available Monday through Friday, from 8 to 5 (closed weekends). Our hours of operation are based on daily staff availability. For more information about volunteering, donating, or setting up an appointment, please call 417-732-3190.
The Animal Control Division performs numerous functions including the capture of animals at large, protection of animals, investigations of animal abuse and neglect and enforcement of local and state animal laws. The Animal Control Officers are active in special presentations and public relations at schools and civic groups.
If you have lost or found a pet, want to report a dangerous animal, animal at large, animal nuisance, animal neglect or want to request a live trap to capture feral animals, please call Republic Animal Control at 417-732-3190.
Examples of Violation
This list is not a comprehensive list of all City Codes regarding animals. It is a brief, summarized list of just a few of the most common violations:
- Animal abandonment
- Animals at large
- Animals not vaccinated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian and not displaying the tag provided by the veterinarian showing a current rabies vaccination
- Frequent howling, barking, baying or yelping by an animal that disturbs the peace of the neighborhood
- Keeping chickens or other fowl within 80 feet of another residence or business
- More than four dogs or cats over the age of six months at one residential location
- Owner fails to provide adequate care or adequate control which results in substantial harm to the animal