Adult & Senior Programs
Golden Years Programs
- Arthritis Exercise Program
- Book Club
- Crochet Club
- Golden Years Trips
- Golden Years Movies
- Golden Years Newsletter
- Walking Club
- Wii Bowling
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program (AFEP)
The Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program, also known as AFEP, is low-impact physical activity program proven to reduce pain and decrease stiffness. Classes include gentle range-of-motion exercises that are suitable for every fitness level and ability along with a joint warm-up, balance and endurance exercises, and a relaxation period at the end of class. This enjoyable and motivational exercise program helps to keep joints flexible, muscles strong, increases energy, and improves overall well-being. Classes are taught by a trained program leader.
Who is Eligible? With the consent of his/her physician, any adult with any type of arthritis may participate. Participants must be able to independently work with assistive devices (if used) or, if in a wheelchair, adults must be able to transfer to a straight-backed chair. Exercises can supplement, but should not replace, any exercises prescribed by a doctor or therapist.
- Program Available For: Adults/Seniors
- Program Registration: No Registration Required
- 2023 Session Dates:
- Winter Session: January 10-March 2 (Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 1:30 PM)
- Spring Session: April 4-May 25 (Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 1:30 PM)
- Summer Session: June 27-August 1 (Tuesdays Only @ 1:30 PM
- Fall Session: September 12-November 2 (Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 1:30 PM)
- Program Location: Republic Community Center
- Program Fee: Free
Join your fellow Golden Years friends this 1st Thursday of the month at 2:30 p.m. for Book Club! Discuss your current or favorite reads. This program runs for one hours and is not led by an instructor. This is a FREE program and no registration is required.