Please read through this information carefully to ensure you meet the guidelines of this program!
The City is excited to again offer this great program for Republic residents to dispose of their old worn out items and junk. The City has contracted with Republic Services, a private contractor, to conduct the street-by-street curbside clean-up of various household items (see the complete list of acceptable and non-acceptable items on the backside of this form).
* Citizens must have their acceptable items at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. the morning of Saturday, April 27th, for pick-up and are encouraged to put items out on Friday. Republic Services will make only one pass through the area so be sure to have your items out by 7:00 a.m.
* Any non-acceptable items that are included will be left at the curb for disposal by the resident.
* Crews cannot access personal property to assist in moving items to the curb.
* Clean-up will not take place at businesses, apartment buildings or at vacant homes.
Areas have been established to provide additional recycling opportunities for Republic residents. These locations will be open to accepting items from 9:00 a.m. until noon on April 27th.
Republic Aquatic Center, 711 E. Miller Road
* Electronic Recycling - Collection of old computers, routers, hubs, laptops, phones, printers, fax machines, Christmas lights, exercise equipment, kitchen appliances, etc., for disposal. TVs and CRT monitors will be accepted with a fee.
* Recycling Services - Collection of recyclable plastic, paper, aluminum and glass will be available.
915 North West Avenue
* Yard Waste - The yard waste drop-off site will be open to accepting residential yard waste.
Tire Disposal—Both these sites will be available again this year for the collection of passenger tires with proof of residency. All tires must be separated from the wheel and brought to one of the above
locations for disposal. No tractor/semi tires will be accepted.
Household Chemical Collection (HCC)
The Household Chemical Collection facility, located at 1226 W. Nichols in Springfield, is open weekly for the collection of your household chemicals. Contact their office for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Visit www.republicmo.gov or Facebook.com/CityofRepublicMO for more information.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP GUIDELINES
Acceptable items are to be bagged or bundled and placed at the curb for collection. Items in a trash cart will not be accepted! Normal day-to-day trash generated by a household is not included in this program.
· Hand and Power Tools
· Carpeting/Padding (Must be cut in 4’ or smaller sections)
· Grills—NO Propane Tanks
· Wood (Must be cut in 4’ or smaller sections and no bigger than 4” in diameter)
· Push Mowers/Weed Eaters (Must be drained of all fuel and oil)
· Basketball Goals (Must be in 4’ or smaller sections to be collected)
Air Conditioners/Refrigerators/Freezers with Freon removed and properly tagged by a certified specialist
will be accepted. If not properly tagged, the item will not be picked up. Doors must be removed from any
appliance that presents a hazard to children.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
· Tractor/Semi Tires
· Home Remodeling Projects
· Riding Lawn Mowers
· Brush/Limbs/Yard Waste (collected at the drop-off site)
· Medical Items (Needles)
· Rocks, Bricks, Concrete
· Bulk Liquids
· Propane Tanks
· Fluorescent/CFL/HID Bulbs
· Appliances with Freon - not properly tagged
· Hazardous Waste (including paint,
oil, aerosol cans, fertilizers, etc.)
· Vehicle Parts
(Motors, Doors, Hoods, etc.)
Citizens must have their items at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. the morning of Saturday, April 27th, for pick-up. Residents are
encouraged to put items out Friday, April 26th. Republic Services will make only one pass through the area so be sure to have your
items out by 7:00 a.m.
This is a free service provided by the City of Republic and the City reserves the right to refuse any items for clean-up that do not meet the criteria of the program or that pose a threat to the health or safety of an employee or individual participating in the collection process. Call (417) 732-3150 if you have any questions.