Finally, a fix! Work began in August 2020 on rebuilding the intersection of U.S. 60/MO 413 at MO 174. This MoDOT project will result in improved traffic flow and increased safety at this busy junction. $4-million worth of improvements are taking place, including:
- Relocating the eastbound U.S. 60 lanes to adjoin the westbound lanes, eliminating the large median gap.
- Combining the current two separate intersections into a single point four-way signalized intersection.
- Building additional lanes, including dual left-hand turn lanes.
- Installing new traffic signals and highway signage.
- Constructing new crosswalks and sidewalks with a funding contribution from the City of Republic.
- Removal of current eastbound U.S. 60 lanes after new lanes have opened.
Construction is expected to take about a year to complete, with an anticipated opening in May 2021. Check here for more details and a timeline on construction: